Where is it, the rage? We should all be really, quite upset. Why aren’t we marching in the streets, demanding accountability for the endless stream of corruption and criminality that has been unveiled on an almost daily basis for quite a few years? The French? Fuck, they’re out in the street if anyone, anywhere sneezes on their rights! The Yellow Vests? You might have heard of them?
Today as I am writing these words… the Nassar child rape case that alleges this one asshole raped potentially hundreds of young gymnasts for decades with the apparent support of the Olympics committee people, U.S. gymnastics, and the Federal Bureau of Investigations.
What about the January 6th insurrection of the Capitol? Why, when we’ve seen clear evidence of deeply concerning activity from sitting Federal representatives of American people, are these people still making (or more precisely, stopping) laws?
How about The Big Lie? The lie, initially floated by Trump, that he won in 2020 and that the Presidency was stolen from him? Really? Larry Elder and the California GOP tried spinning the Big Lie into the recall attempt of state Governor Gavin Newsom that just ended last night in a complete rout. Apparently, Californians are mostly on-board with the mask mandates, Larry.
Oooh. Here’s one. How about the rape kits? How many haven’t been processed for 1-20 years? Everyone loves statistics. Here’s some about this terrible crime from the Natasha Justice Project:
Sexual Assault in the United States
- Every 2 minutes, another person is sexually assaulted.
- 97% of rapists will never spend a day behind bars.
- 15% of all victims of rape and sexual assault are children under the age of 12.
- Rapists don’t just strike once. They are often serial criminals, and DNA is the single-most effective rape prevention tool we have.
- Victims of sexual assault are, according to the World Health Organization, three times more likely to suffer from depression; 13 times more likely to abuse alcohol, 26 times more likely to abuse drugs, and 4 times more likely to contemplate suicide.
The Rape-Kit Backlog
- The Department of Justice estimates there are about 100,000 rape kits at public crime labs awaiting testing.
- Media reports suggest there may be as many as 300,000 additional kits sitting in law enforcement storage, awaiting to reach labs for testing (the so-called “hidden backlog”).
- On average, it currently costs $1,000 to test a single rape kit.
- Apprehending serial offenders early in their careers can prevent crimes, thereby saving approximately $12.9 billion a year in avoided medical costs, lost wages, and other tangible harms to victims and society.
Let’s go back a few years to the Sandy Hook massacre… yes, massacre. Let’s just have a look at the list of the victims of Adam Lanza [Source: Wikipedia]:
List of victims Killed:
- Perpetrator’s mother
- Nancy Lanza, 52 (shot at home)
- School personnel
- Charlotte Bacon, 6
- Daniel Barden, 7
- Olivia Engel, 6
- Josephine Gay, 7
- Dylan Hockley, 6
- Madeleine Hsu, 6
- Catherine Hubbard, 6
- Chase Kowalski, 7
- Jesse Lewis, 6
- Ana Márquez-Greene, 6
- James Mattioli, 6
- Grace McDonnell, 7
- Emilie Parker, 6
- Jack Pinto, 6
- Noah Pozner, 6
- Caroline Previdi, 6
- Jessica Rekos, 6
- Avielle Richman, 6
- Benjamin Wheeler, 6
- Allison Wyatt, 6
- Adam Lanza, 20 (suicide)
- Natalie Hammond, 40, lead teacher
- Deborah Pisani
Just look at those children, all six or seven years old. Imagine what would be going through your mind if you and nineteen of your classmates were all lined up, staring down the barrel of a Bushmaster XM15-E2S assault rifle. Then it points at a friend down the line, perhaps Jessica or Noah. There’s an impossibly loud crack, a flash of light, a puff of smoke, and one or more of those friends are lying on the floor, dead, blood pouring out of their tiny bodies.
Then the barrel points at you. The last sounds you hear are the screams of those who will also be dead soon. Then silence. Step into those shoes, you foul, despicable Sandy Hook deniers. You are the negative drain. You extract and give nothing in return, but I digress…
How much of a monster must you be to understand what happened at Sandy Hook and think to yourself that someone must have concocted the entire tale and spun it up like some fake, made-up Hollywood production to trick gun-toting Americans into giving up their guns? It is utterly in-FUCKING-human to treat these murders as anything but what they were.
TWENTY SIX & SEVEN YEAR OLD CHILDREN WERE GUNNED DOWN IN COLD BLOOD INSIDE THEIR CLASSROOM IN 2012… PERIOD. COMMENTS CLOSED.
That shouldn’t require a lot of brain power to understand.
Need even more child abuse? When are we going to start getting answers about the Jeffrey Epstein case? What about the very, very long list of very, very important people who have been associated with Epstein and have travelled on his private 727 or ventured to his private island? When do they get questioned?
Please, someone tell me, what does it take to get the people in America who have a few brain cells to rub together and don’t believe all the lies to stand up for themselves and fight? I’d seriously like to know. I mean, FUCK!! What are we doing here? Are we legit going to give fascists and racists equal standing in America when the only demanding work they’ve EVER done is figure out how the FUCK to subjugate People of Color and extract as much wealth from the land as possible.
And just in case the Nassar rape Capitol committee hearing that got me all worked up this morning wasn’t fresh enough in your mind…
Look, you can be that American. You know, the one who thinks the world owes you, and that you owe the world nothing in return because, ‘MERICA, FUK YEH, but the sad reality is that you’ve done little, if anything, to make America “Great”, like ever. You couldn’t be bothered to find your own place and carve it out with your own hands. Instead, you made a bunch of other people do it all for you, you know; the slaves, and that’s just pathetic. I hope, however, that you choose a different path, one that involves marching with a load of like-minded peeps and letting our elected state and federal government officials know that we know they aren’t doing it right.
I certainly don’t want people to suffer, regardless of the reason (no matter how much I might desire it for some… ahem, people), and that’s precisely what we are doing when we don’t stop our leaders from doing terrible things as our proxy. We do that in several ways, but some of the most effective are:
- Call your CongressPeeps – Get on the phone. Tell them how you feel. Finding the number is easy. Just use this fancy new Internet thingy…
- You can send them letters, too! – Did you know that, despite being hobbled by Trump appointee Louis DeJoy, the USPS still delivers letters? Try writing one… on paper.
- March – If you hear about a protest in your area, head over. Talk to people who seem to know what’s going on and ask if it’s not obvious. Help out. Work phones as needed. Get your friends and family involved. BE A PART OF SOCIETY. Shockingly, most of that isn’t done on the internet, but in person. Also, don’t be a Chad or Karen and WEAR A FUCKING MASK.
- Volunteer – Lend a hand to some group or organization that needs a hand. There are loads of homeless shelters and soup kitchens, or if you like tech there are lots of places like Free Geek.
- VOTE – Don’t let anyone stop you, any rule silence your voice, any crass attempt to remove your status as an American with the Right to Vote bestowed upon each citizen of this land by our Constitution be quietly stripped from you in the dead of night. Yeah! It says it right in there, too! Words. Aren’t they just neato?
If we do nothing, we’ll lose this country to those who have no qualms lying, cheating, stealing, killing and raping to get there. Over 650,000 Americans dead from Covid because Trump lied. America in a war with the Taliban for twenty years because Bush lied. I’m sure there are more lies that have been told by more presidents, but I’m exhausted and can’t be bothered to look them up.
In the end, I’m not entirely sure what this post is. I’ll post more. Maybe.
PS: Please don’t get mad if I left an issue out. There are many. COUNTLESS. I can’t remember what I had for breakfast, much less the endless march of atrocities against human lives. Sorry.